Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gin and Tonic at Work...


Hi,

I'm blogging mid way through a work-place experiment.

I am using software simulated alcohol, which is currently bubbling its way through my headphones as sound waves while I am writing.

Apparently it is the equivalent to 3 gin and tonics.

You can get a demo hit of alcohol yourself here.

These first 2 hits are free...

Going into a bit more detail, these doses comprise of various sound waves that are generated by a small media player.

These waves are supposed to affect your brain waves and generate a particular feeling, or substance experience.

I'm currently 1/3 of the way through my demo alcohol dose and I have noticed the following symptoms:
  • My palms have gone cold and tickly
  • My eyes are going glassy
  • I do genuinely have a feeling of relaxation
  • My spelling is awful...
All that is missing is some relaxing red visuals and I would swear I was undergoing a session of Ganzfeld treatment.

Ganzfeld is an ESP receptive state caused by lying someone down, playing white noise through headphones, and making them wear goggles which display a low level of red light.

I tried it out a few times in my twenties to see if there would be any change in my perceptions - and post treatment there was. like a low level version of a ketamine come-down.

This shot of virtual alcohol is different from Ganzfeld audio, because it much more controlled and does vary over time.

So right now I'm going to give this treatment a thumbs up. Its not real alcohol and I know it, however it does have a marginally similar effect and can be used anywhere.

At 65% of my does I have just realised that sound frequencies like this are also used to prime people who are brainwashed.

Ah well - I guess this is self administered.

NP out

2 comments:

Violet said...

Would it make my face go all pink?

BTodger said...

Unlikely, lets run an experiment.

:-)

D